June 24 - What a day of thanksgiving.
Colegio de San Juan de Letran honored the contributions of the Letran Grupo de Fil-Chinos to the institution through a simple gathering earlier.
Rev. Fr. Boyd Sulpico, OP, together with Rev. Fr. Tamerlane Lana, OP, Rev. Fr. Raffy Quejada, OP, and Rev. Fr. Conrado Marra, led the blessing of the classrooms donated by the Grupo to the St. Vincent Ferrer Building.
Already instrumental in establishing classrooms at the ground floor of the said building, the Grupo added eight more, dedicating them to the key members of the Grupo, among others.
The said rooms were named after the following:
1) Mr. and Mrs. Tan Liong Tuan (through the generosity of Alfredo Tan of HS ’57 and Family
2) Mr. Ho Sing Ka (through the generosity of Sir William Uy of HS ’60)
3) Mr. Antonio Lee Singyan (through the generosity of Sir William Uy of HS ’60)
4) JMART 77 (through the generosity of Sir Jun Hector Tiu of HS ‘77)
5) Sir Peter Yu of HS ’71 (through the generosity of Sir Philip Yu of HS ’79)
6) Mrs. Chua Guan Tee (through the generosity of Sir Charlie Yu Piah Tan of HS’64)
7) Sir Willy Lim Bon Teck (through the generosity of Sir Henry Lim Bon Liong of HS ’67)
8) Mr. Vicente Uy Villa (through the generosity of Sir William Uy of HS ’60)
“In behalf of the Dominican Fathers, thank you,” said Sulpico, adding that the Grupo has always been present during special events such as Quezon Day and feast days such as St. John the Baptist’s.
According to the Grupo’s new president, Ping Ng, the organization’s next activity will be its 9th anniversary this coming August.